The Prairie Rose Student Services team is responsible for the provision of appropriate supports to foster school and classroom communities where all students, including those with diverse needs and abilities, have a sense of personal belonging and achievement. Supports for students and staff include:
- Continuum of Services
- Adapted, Modified or Individualized Programs
- Services of division Resource Teachers, Guidance Counselors, Psychologists, Speech/Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Counselors
- Education Assistant Support
- Services of Occupational Therapists, Physio Therapists
- Transition Planning (school entry and school leaving)
- School-Based Mental Health Promotion & Developmentally Responsive Environments
- Applications to Manitoba Education, Citizenship and Youth for special needs categorical funding
- Professional development of Student services support staff.
- Development and implementation of Student Services Policies.
- Consultation with Hearing, Vision, and Special Ed Consultants from Manitoba, Citizenship & Youth
- Liaison with agencies outside the school division.
For further information regarding these and other services please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003