Principal – Miami School
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I am pleased to announce the appointment of DAVID J. LANGILL as Principal for Miami School.
David brings a wealth of administrative leadership experience to Miami School. His administrative experiences include:
- Head of School, International Secondary School – Tokyo, Japan – 2012 – 2017
- Assistant High School Principal – American International School, Kuwait City, Kuwait – 2010 – 2012
- Principal – Notre Dame Collegiate, High River, Alberta – 2002 – 2010
- Principal – St. Joseph Catholic High School, Grand Prairie, Alberta – 1998 – 2002
- Vice Principal – Porter Creek Senior Secondary School, Whitehorse, Yukon – 1985 – 1995
David has a Master of Education in Secondary School Administration from the University of Alaska.
As Miami School’s leader, David brings a commitment to working collaboratively with his staff and the school community with the goal of improving a school’s academic standards and improving student achievement/engagement results.
David also believes that the school leader should be the greatest promoter of the school and that this is done with a high principal presence at the school and in the community, effective communication with all stakeholders, showing a genuine interest in his students and staff, and by being actively involved with the life of the school.
David is a strong supporter of student extra-curricular programming and uses these opportunities to building meaningful relationships with both students and staff.
David begins his new role as Miami School principal on September 5, 2017.
Terry M.J. Osiowy, Superintendent/CEO