The Guidance Counsellors will work collaboratively, cooperatively, and consultatively with staff and outside supports to help all students achieve academically, physically, developmentally, socially, emotionally, and behaviourally.
PRSD is recruiting for the following positions:
- Competition #014-16-17 – St. Paul’s Collegiate (0.5 FTE) – Grades 7-12; École St. Eustache (0.25 FTE) – French Immersion K-6; and St. François Xavier Community School (0.25 FTE) – K-6
- Competition #015-16-17 – Carman Elementary (0.8 FTE) and Roland School (0.2 FTE) – K-6
- Competition #016-16-17 – Hutterian Colony School (16 colony sites) (1.0 FTE) – K-12
- Competition #017-16-17 – Miami School (0.5 FTE) – K-12
- Competition #018-16-17 – Elm Creek School (0.5 FTE) – K-12
- Competition #019-16-17 – St. Laurent School (0.5 FTE) – K-12
Start date for these positions is September 6, 2016.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Education training in the counselling area at the Pre-masters or Masters level or be in the process of obtaining said qualification.
- Minimum of five years successful teaching experience, preferably working in the counselling area, with an emphasis on program development and at-risk student intervention.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of guidance education learning outcomes and curricular connections across a range of grade levels appropriate to the position.
- Demonstrate the skills to provide a continuum of preventative, developmental, and intervention plans and programs to facilitate student success.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability to form positive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate discretion respecting the privacy and integrity of others in accordance with applicable legislation, policy and professional code of conduct.
- Demonstrate skills to assess a situation and to support appropriately.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Pursue continuous professional growth
For more detailed information, please contact Director of Student Services Louise Duncan at 204-745-2003.
Please submit a cover letter identifying the competition number(s) for which you are applying along with your resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com .
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: April 4, 2016