Casual Clerical Position
PRSD is seeking individual(s) to add to the PRSD casual list for the Division Office located in Carman. This position is best suited for those who like working in a fast-paced environment, dealing with the public, have exceptional computer skills, and only want to work casual or on a part-time basis.
- First point of contact for the office – in person or answering the telephone, operating telephone switchboard systems and taking messages
- Opening and routing correspondence
- Inputting, processing and updating data
- Organizing meetings, events, and preparing background materials
- Performing document and file management functions, including e‑filing
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents
- Preparing correspondence, reports, statements and other material
Qualifications and experience:
- Competition of Grade 12 education, or completion of post-secondary training in secretarial or office administration and/or knowledge/experience of general office procedures and systems
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe products, and web based programs with particular aptitude for preparing and formatting correspondence, reports and documents
- Strong public relations and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to interact positively and work effectively with others
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written skills in both official languages is an asset
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day
Salary: Depending on experience
For more detailed information, please contact Rhonda Smith, Assistant Secretary-Treasurer at 204-745-2003.
Application is to include an up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability. Apply to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.