Term Custodian II
Elm Creek School
The successful candidate will work with school administration and the Facilities and Safety Supervisor to ensure that Elm Creek School is a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and to the general public.
Two (2) Positions Available, each as follows:
- 4 hours/day, Monday – Friday
- Schedule to be determined, will include a 15-minute rest period
- Effective ASAP until March 31, 2021 or the return of the incumbent
- $16.47/hour as per Collective Agreement, a shift premium of $1.25/hour is applied to all hours if more than half the shift is worked after 6:00 p.m.
- Note: Applicant can request to combine 2 positions for one 8-hour position.
Experience and Abilities:
- Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work including; washrooms, floor care, carpet care, blood born pathogen clean up, general cleaning, disinfecting, sanitization, familiarity with cleaning products, and safe use of equipment, is essential
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-50 lbs, bending, climbing ladders, moving of furniture, etc
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.)
- WHIMS training is an asset
For more detailed information, please contact Leslie Howard, Interim Principal at 204-436-2354.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 17, 2021
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.