Term Educational Assistant
Miami School – Multiple Positions
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidates will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and inclusive environment. Preference will be given to those applying with an aptitude for working with all students. Educational Assistants are 10 month employees, employed from September until June.
- 3 positions, each 5.25 hours/day
- Salary $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement
- Start date TBD until June 30, 2020
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a K-12 environment.
- Physical ability to support student therapy needs and goals throughout the day, including occupational therapy and physiotherapy programming.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting the goals of an Individualized Education Plan.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to assist students with personal hygiene
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies to support and guide student regulation, communication and challenging behaviour.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Principal, David Langill, at 204-435-2441
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.
Document is available in alternate formats by request.