Term Educational Assistant
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidates will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment. Preference will be given to those applying with an aptitude for working with all students. Educational Assistants are 10 month employees, employed from September until June.
- 5.75 hours/day
- Salary: $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement.
- Effective: ASAP until June 30, 2021
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a K-12 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to have good interpersonal skills with staff and community.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting Student Specific Plans.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact David Langill, Principal at 204-435-2441
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: January 13, 2021
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.