Carman Elementary School is a K-6 school with a student population of approximately 355 students and 41 staff. The successful candidate provides administrative and secretarial support for the school administrative team, staff, and students and ensures that the school office functions in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school
- Answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
- Manage confidential information.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
- Prepare, photocopy, and collate documents for internal and external mailing, distribution, and filing
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, service office equipment and arrange servicing for major repairs
- Other administrative support duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 3-5 years’ experience in providing administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in daily routine, and to work on multiple tasks with many interruptions, demonstrating excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a manner appropriate to school and demonstrate strict attention to confidentiality of school operations and student information.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in dealing with staff, students, parents, and the public.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices, and familiarity with the CA$CH program would be an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web based programs.
- Proficiency with student information systems such as Maplewood and Education Information System (EIS) would be an asset.
- Basic First Aid would be an asset.
Hours of Work: 10 month (September to June) 8 hours/day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a half hour unpaid lunch
Wages: $16.58 per hour
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Cecile Affleck at 204-745-2623.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: March 20, 2017