Limited Term Teacher Contract
0.5 FTE Term School Psychologist effective ASAP until June 30, 2021.
The School Psychologist works under the supervisory function of the Director of Student Services.
School psychologists are uniquely qualified members of school teams that support students’ ability to learn and teachers’ ability to teach. They apply expertise in mental health, learning and behaviour to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviourally, and emotionally. The successful applicant will collaborate with students, parents/guardians, families, the In-School Support Team (ISST) and the School Support Team to create safe, healthy and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school and the community.
The successful applicant will provide support in the PRSD location of St. Laurent School.
- Master’s Degree in School Psychology
- Be eligible for certification as a School Psychologist issued by Professional Certification Branch of Manitoba Education
- Valid Class 5 License and reliable vehicle to travel between schools in the division
Experience and Abilities:
- Commitment to success for all students
- Conducting formal & informal assessments, analyzing results for diagnosis of learning, behavioural and emotional needs of children, and establishing programming targets
- Understanding of instructional methods and education curricula
- Producing written reports reflective of assessments, diagnosis, and recommendations to support the student’s strengths and needs
- Familiarity with a range of specialized assessments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with students, parents and education professionals
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and data software
- Participation in ongoing professional leadership development activities to enhance clinical practice
- Able to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to provide professional learning workshops to staff
- Demonstrated skills in caseload management
For further clarification, please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.