Term Library Technician
Hutterian Colony School Admin Office
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the skills necessary and relevant to the function of the library which include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisitions – assist in the selection of materials.
- Database Management – familiar with “L4U”,or other library management systems.
- Cataloguing – code, input and edit information for a computerized catalogue system.
- Circulation – administer the circulation desk, textbook circulation and work with students and volunteers of the school.
- Reference – assist students who are experiencing difficulties using the catalogue, and/or standard reference tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Possessing a Library Technician Certificate or working towards completion of certification is an asset
- Knowledge of computers, software applications, and Internet research will be a requirement. The ability to access and use new technology as it applies to the library and its media will be important
- Ability to work co-operatively and collegially with staff, students and parents
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 1, 2016 or the return of the incumbent
Hours of Work: 1.75 hours/day
Wages: $15.13 per hour (as per Collective Agreement, under review)
For more detailed information, please contact Principal JF Godbout at 204-353-2297.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com .
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing date: February 10, 2016