Competition: # 119-17-18
Prairie Rose School Division in recruiting for a 1.0 FTE Assistant Secretary-Treasurer.
The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will assist the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO in all phases of the Prairie Rose School Division’s financial and business administration, development and implementation of Board policy and administrative procedures. The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will be responsible to the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO for such duties as assigned and be prepared to act for the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO in their absence or in delegated duties. The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Division’s senior administration team and school administrators.
Our school division employs over 400 employees and provides educational services to over 2200 students in our nine community schools that are located in Carman, Elie, Elm Creek, Miami, Roland, St. Eustache, St. Francois Xavier, and St. Laurent, Manitoba, and to our seventeen Hutterian schools across our school division.
The Prairie Rose School Division Administration Office is located in Carman, Manitoba.
The official start date for this position is February 26, 2018 or as mutually agreed upon
- 8 hours/day; 5 days per week
- Full time (12 month)
- Salary Negotiable
Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognized accounting designation or near completion of recognized accounting designation (CPA) is required
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in accounting, financial management including budget preparation and control and supervisory experience is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Exceptional computer/information technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, manage and grow with organizational change
- Knowledge of the Public Schools Act, the Municipal Act, and the FRAME accounting system would be an asset
- Knowledge of Board of Trustees’ governance role, function and operation is an asset
For more detailed information please contact Gerard Lesage, Secretary Treasurer/CFO at 204-745-2003.
For complete job description, please visit www.prsdmb.ca/careers/job-descriptions/assistant-secretary-treasurer/
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information including salary expectations and three professional references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resource will be provided upon request.