Mechanic, Carman Bus Garage
Under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor and Head Mechanic, this position will be responsible to inspect, diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of school buses.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Truck and Transport Mechanic Red Seal Certificate and a current Manitoba Driver’s License Class 5 are required
- 3rd or 4th year apprentices within the Truck and Transport Mechanic trade would be considered
- Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in repair and school bus maintenance or a combination of truck and transport related repair and maintenance; and may include structural, mechanical, electrical and electronic vehicle systems, and components such as engines, cab, chassis and frames, brakes, steering, suspension, drive train, fuel systems and hydraulic systems, and perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis of vehicles
- Safety Inspection Certificate for Transport Truck and Bus is required
- School bus safety certification would be considered an asset
- Experience using Computer Diagnostic Software for Motor Vehicles would be an asset
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to read and understand service manuals is required
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently and within a team environment and good interpersonal is required
- Working knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health and other provincial regulations as they apply to a vehicle maintenance facility
- Must own or be prepared to purchase complete set of mechanical hand tools for use in the shop and appropriate safety footwear
- Willingness to complete upgrading necessary to maintain appropriate knowledge & skills, training may include school bus safety certification after completion of 6 months’ probation
- Experience using MS office software application would be an asset
- Uniforms and coveralls are provided as per Collective Agreement
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day
Wages: Starting at $20.84 as per Collective Agreement (under review)
For more detailed information, please contact Trevor Ryan, Transportation Supervisor at 204-745-2003.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.