Term Educational Assistant
St. Paul’s Collegiate
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidate will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment. Related duties include but not limited to classroom-based learning recovery and supervisory tasks.
- Term 5.5 hours/day
- Salary: $16.37/hour as per Collective Agreement.
- Effective: ASAP until March 25, 2022, or longer upon review
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in both official languages (French & English) is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a grade 7-12 environment.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting student specific planning as identified in an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Student Specific Plan (SSP).
- Ability to build rapport and foster collaborative relationships with students and adults.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training or Low Arousal Training an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Jason Green, Principal at 204-353-2084
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Open until filled.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request. All PRSD staff must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing as per provincial Public Health Orders.