Term Position/Secondment Opportunity
The Numeracy Leader provides leadership and professional development support to professional and support staff with the implementation of numeracy plans in Prairie Rose School Division. This is a 1.0 FTE term position reporting to the Assistant Superintendent effective February 1, 2016 till June 30, 2016. A secondment to this term position would be considered, at the end of the term the seconded employee will be returned to their current teaching assignment.
- Bachelor of Education supplemented with numeracy related courses and/or certifications
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- A valid Manitoba Driver License and personal vehicle (travel required)
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of 5-10 years of teaching experience (K – 12 experience an asset)
- Experience with PRIME and Math Recovery is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience with best practices in student assessment and evaluation; differentiated instruction, Universal Design for Learning
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated abilities with:
- innovative integration of numeracy assessments to teaching and learning practices
- facilitating professional and support staff professional development at both the school and division levels
- building expertise through modeling, co-teaching, and mentoring staff
- analyzing data and creating cultures of inquiry
For more detailed information, please contact Assistant Superintendent Ron Sugden at 204-745-2003.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Prairie Rose School Division
Competition #109-15-16 Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0
Fax # 204-745-3699, E-mail: email@example.com.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: November 24, 2015