Limited Term Teacher Contract
Literacy/Numeracy Support Teacher – St. Laurent School
1.0 FTE Term Literacy/Numeracy Support Teacher commencing February 4, 2019 till June 28, 2019.
Working as a member of the Resource Team and in collaboration with the classroom teacher, the Numeracy/Literacy Teacher provides the following services:
- Programming support and development
- Classroom support
- Individualized and small group instruction.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Current knowledge of effective numeracy/literacy instruction and assessment practices
- Experience providing, creating and implementing individualized programming for At Risk students and special needs students
- Strong planning and communication skills
- A strong background in language development
- Knowledge and practical experience in balanced numeracy/literacy
- Knowledge and implementation of cooperative learning/small group instruction
- Ability to work in classrooms alongside teachers, colleagues and contribute collaboratively as a team member
For more detailed information, please contact David Halldorson, Principal at 204-616-2209.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.