The successful candidate will work with school administration and the Facilities and Safety Supervisor to ensure that Carman Elementary is a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and to the general public.
- 8.0 hours/day from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
- $18.90/hour as per Collective Agreement
- Effective September 2, 2020
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work including; washrooms, floor care, carpet care, working knowledge of SAFEwork procedures, and safe use of equipment, is essential.
- Experience in maintaining and minor repairs to building systems and school grounds is an asset.
- Knowledge of building safety and security in a school environment is an asset.
- Experience in providing supervision of support staff is essential.
- Must be self-directed and able to train new custodians and all aspects of custodial duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public.
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs., bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.).
- WHIMS training is an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Claude Plante, Facilities and Safety Supervisor at 204-745-2003
or Principal Cecile Affleck at 204-745-2623
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 19, 2020
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.