Term Custodian IV
St. Laurent School
The successful candidate will assist in providing a safe and clean environment for staff, students and to the general public.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work is essential.
- Experience in repairing, adjusting, monitoring and maintaining boilers, ventilation systems, heaters, and any other mechanical/ electrical devices.
- Experience in new construction and renovations.
- Experience in maintaining plumbing systems, electrical systems and school grounds.
- Must be self-directed and able to train new custodians as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.)Start Date: ASAP till the return of the incumbentHours of Work: 8 hours/day 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
Start Date: ASAP till the return of the incumbent
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
Wages: Start $17.28 as per Collective Agreement (under review)
For more detailed information, please contact
Facility Maintenance and Capital Project Supervisor Claude Plante at 204-745-2003.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com .
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: August 25, 2016