Part Time Secretary
Miami School is a K-12 school with a student population of approximately 265 students and 30 staff. The successful candidate will be assisting and working in partnership with a full-time secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to all staff in the school.
- 17.5 hrs./wk. (schedule to be determined by the Principal)
- 10 month (September to June)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school
- Answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
- Manage confidential information.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
- Prepare, photocopy, and collate documents for internal and external mailing, distribution, and filing
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, service office equipment and arrange servicing for major repairs
- Other administrative support duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 2 years’ experience in providing administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web based programs.
- Proficiency with student information systems such as Maplewood and EIS would be an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, including a high degree of attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile and perform basic clerical accounting tasks, such as school budget and school clerical accounting and familiarity with the CA$CH program would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with adults and students ranging from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, adaptability, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid would be an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact David Langill, Principal, Miami School at (204) 435-2441
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include a cover letter outlining your strengths related to each of the required and desired qualification, up-to-date resume outlining educational qualifications and experience related to the position, and three (3) supervisory references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: October 16, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.