Hutterian Colony School – Waldheim Colony
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidate will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment. Preference will be given to those applying with an aptitude for working with at-risk early years’ students.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Hold a belief that all children can learn.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting the goals of an Individualized Education Plan
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour
- Experience working with at-risk students is highly desirable.
- Educational Assistant Diploma, First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
Start Date: September 9, 2015
End Date: June 30, 2016
Hours of Work: 5.5 hours/day
Wages: $14.47 per hour (as per Collective Agreement, under review)
For more detailed information, please contact Supervising Principal/Assistant Superintendent Ron Sugden at 204-745-2003 or Vice-Principal Catherine Mercredi at 204-353-2297.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing date: August 31, 2015