Term Educational Assistant
St. François Xavier School
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidate will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment. Preference will be given to those applying with the skillset to be trained by the school’s professional student support team to provide direct service for an individual student in areas of academics and social skill development.
- 5.6 hours/day
- Term position effective December 17, 2018 till June 28, 2019 or the return of the incumbent
- $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a K-6 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to have good interpersonal skills with staff and community.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting the goals of an Individualized Education Plan.
- May be required to administer medical procedures in accordance with URIS B
- Ability to assist with personal hygiene “toileting”
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Marc Tellier at 204-864-2868.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.