Term – Skilled Trade/Labourer
The Skilled Trade/Labourer performs tasks that contribute to the general maintenance of buildings and grounds throughout the division, in accordance with Workplace Safety and Health Legislation and Building Codes. The Skilled Trade/Labourer provides support to the Facilities and Safety Supervisor, Maintenance Technician/Journey Electrician and Schools’ Head Custodian in the day-to-day maintenance of the facilities. PRSD is following Manitoba Public Health requirements for safe work within COVID 19 and is supplying appropriate Personal Protection Equipment and training.
- 8 hours/day; 5 days per week
- ASAP to October 31, 2020 or as required
- Salary Negotiable
- Divisional Vehicle and Trailer supplied
- 2+ years’ experience in facilities operations/maintenance and a basic understanding of plumbing and carpentry;
- Able to work from all different heights, and within confined spaces;
- Be physical fit, capable of performing all of the duties related to this position including (but not limited to) lifting 40 to 80 lbs., bending, climbing ladders, etc.;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail;
- Self-starter, independent and a team player with strong initiative and organizational skills;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities;
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends in support of divisional needs;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required with experience hauling a trailer;
- 5th Class Power Engineer is considered an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Maintenance Technician/Journeyman Electrician and Head Custodian with maintenance and repairs to equipment and systems as assigned both inside and outside PRSD Schools and Divisional buildings including the general duties required to maintain buildings and grounds throughout the division;
- Perform repairs and renovations within the schools/office facilities including workstations, desk arrangements, add on, moves and changes to the interior spaces;
- Assist with maintenance and/or repairs to some mechanical equipment;
- Conduct general interior and exterior construction, drywall repairs, paint and trim as required;
- Assist in repairs, and alterations, on school playground equipment;
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations as required and directed;
- Assist school custodial staff in troubleshooting repairs and maintenance as directed by the Facilities and Safety Supervisor;
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Facilities and Safety Supervisor;
- Do pickups and deliveries using the divisional truck and trailer.
For more detailed information, please contact Claude Plante, Facilities and Safety Supervisor 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information including salary expectations and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0
By Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: August 4, 2020
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resource will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.