Term School Secretary
St. Laurent School
Working with teachers, support staff and divisional resources, the successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to all staff in the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school
- Answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
- Prepare outgoing mail
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, service office equipment and arrange servicing for major repairs
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a one or two year post secondary program for secretaries/administrative assistants, otherwise equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with office software products including word processing, spreadsheets, data bases and Windows operating systems.
- Proficiency with student information systems such as Maplewood and EIS would be an asset.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile and perform basic clerical accounting tasks, such as school budget and school clerical accounting and familiarity with the CA$CH program would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to multitask.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, adaptability and flexibility.
Start Date: September 11, 2015 – June 24, 2016
Hours of Work: 10 month (September to June) 7 hours/day; 1 day per week (Friday)
Wages: $15.62 per hour (currently under review)
Candidates requiring further information are invited to direct their queries to David Halldorson, Principal at 204-646-2209.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com .
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: August 7, 2015