Anticipatory Education Assistant – Term Positions
In anticipation of additional educational assistant services for the re-opening of schools, a pool of qualified candidates is being established for PRSD to provide educational assistant support to schools once PRSD has confirmed that current laid off employees are recalled. Successful applicants from this competition will fill vacant educational assistant positions as required. The hours for these positions will vary based on each school’s staffing requirements.
The following is a list of schools by region:
- Region A – Carman Collegiate, Carman Elementary, Elm Creek School, Miami School, Roland School
- Region B – École St. Eustache, St. François Xavier School, St. Paul’s Collegiate
- Region C – St. Laurent School
Applicants are asked to identify their preferred schools and/or regions.
- Hours will be dependent on the needs of the applicable school
- Salary: $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement.
- Effective: ASAP until June 30, 2020
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a K-12 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to have good interpersonal skills with staff and community.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting Student Specific Plans.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
For more detailed information, contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services, at 1-204-745-2003
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open till filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.