Part Time Term Library Technician
Hutterian Colony School System & St. Paul’s Collegiate
The successful candidate will provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning library environment in which teachers and students can take advantage of available resources.
- 10 month (September to June) term position
- 8.75 hours per week effective September 5, 2017 till June 29, 2018 at the Hutterian Colony School System Administration Office, schedule to be determined by the supervising principal
- 12 hours per week (Monday & Tuesday) at St. Paul’s Collegiate effective October 2, 2017 till June 26, 2018.
- $16.29/hr – $20.62/hr based on related education
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisitions – assist in the selection of materials
- Database Management – familiar with “L4U”,or other library management systems
- Cataloguing – code, input and edit information for a computerized catalogue system
- Circulation – administer the circulation desk, textbook circulation and work with students and volunteers of the school
- Reference – assist students who are experiencing difficulties using the catalogue, and/or standard reference tools
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Possessing a Library Technician Certificate or working towards completion of certification is an asset
- Knowledge of computers, software applications, and Internet research will be a requirement. The ability to access and use new technology as it applies to the library and its media will be important
- Ability to work co-operatively and collegially with staff, students and parents
For more detailed information, please contact Hutterian Colony School System Vice-Principal Darcie Mitchell Zorniak at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or St. Paul’s Collegiate Principal Jason Green at email@example.com.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 15, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.