General Teacher Contract
Guidance Counsellor –St. Laurent School
0.5 FTE Guidance Counsellor effective September 4, 2018.
The Guidance Counsellor will work collaboratively, cooperatively, and consultatively with staff and outside supports to help all students achieve academically, physically, developmentally, socially, emotionally, and behaviourally.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate.
- Education training in the counselling area at the Pre-masters or Masters level or be in the process of obtaining said qualification.
- Minimum of five years successful teaching experience, preferably working in the counselling area, with an emphasis on program development and at-risk student intervention, while working within an established continuum of service for referral procedures.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of guidance education learning outcomes and curricular connections across a range of grade levels appropriate to the position.
- Assist school personnel and/or parents/guardians to identify students requiring learning or social/emotional supports/interventions.
- Determine individualized intervention goals and establish strategies and techniques to facilitate development of the targeted skills
- Demonstrate exceptional ability to form positive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate discretion respecting the privacy and integrity of others in accordance with applicable legislation, policy and professional code of conduct.
- Demonstrate skills to assess a situation and to support appropriately.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Pursue continuous professional growth.
For more detailed information, please contact David Halldorson, St. Laurent Principal at 204-646-2209.
Based on applicant’s qualifications and experience the selection committee will give consideration to one candidate fulfilling both the Resource Teacher (039-18-19) and Guidance Counsellor (038-18-19) roles at 1.0 FTE. The applicant will request such consideration in the cover letter.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.