General Teacher Contract
1.0 FTE Occupational Therapist effective September 7, 2021. The Occupational Therapy (OT) position is under the Teachers’ Collective Agreement and follows the school calendar.
Prairie Rose School Division embraces a philosophy of inclusive and appropriate education for all children consistent with the standards outlined in Appropriate Educational Programming in Manitoba – Standards for Student Services.
The Occupational Therapist will work under the supervisory function of the Director of Student Services as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in the Student Services Department. The Occupational Therapist will work collaboratively with school teams and external partners to support and promote student learning and wellbeing. The Occupational Therapist will provide services including assessments, programming and therapeutic interventions, and consultative services for all PRSD schools.
- Have successfully completed an accredited Occupational Therapy Professional Program recognized by the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or Clinical Masters of Occupational Therapy or approved equivalent.
- Be eligible for or in possession of a current School Clinicians Certificate in Occupational Therapy
- Must be a current member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba in good standing
- Valid Class 5 License and reliable vehicle to travel between schools in the division
Experience and Abilities:
- Provide occupational therapy clinical services using established best practice processes for service focused in school settings.
- Participate collaboratively in a consultative model including students, families and school teams to identify and assess occupational performance issues.
- Assist with educational programs and consultation services to students, families, and school teams.
- Develop, implement, and document student specific plans based on assessed needs.
- Ensure that personnel carrying out the student specific plan are appropriately trained and supervised.
- Provide professional development opportunities, independently or in collaboration with other staff.
- Be a resource to staff concerning clinical issues, occupational performance, and intervention techniques.
- Organize, prioritize, and assume responsibility for managing their own caseload.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining a current professional knowledge base.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant policy, administrative procedures, and PRSD Continuum of Service for referral procedures.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For more detailed information, please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003.
Application must include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.