Limited Term Teacher Contract
St. Laurent School – Resource Teacher
0.5 FTE Term Resource Teacher commencing September 5, 2017 till June 29, 2018.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience in a K-12 setting.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate successful teaching techniques.
- Exhibit differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour.
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for Students with Special Needs.
- Lead Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work with parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
- Restitution training would be an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact David Halldorson, Principal at 204-646-2209.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: April 13, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.