General Teacher Contract
The Literacy Leader provides leadership and professional development support to professional and support staff with the implementation of literacy plans in Prairie Rose School Division. This is a full time position reporting to the Assistant Superintendent. Start date for this position is September 4, 2018.
- Bachelor of Education supplemented with literacy related courses and/or certifications
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Reading Recovery an asset
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of 5-10 years of teaching experience (K – 12 experience an asset)
- Experience with Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System is highly desirable
- Grade 1 Observation Survey Training an asset
- Demonstrated experience with best practices in student assessment and evaluation; differentiated instruction, Universal Design for Learning
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated abilities with:
- innovative integration of literacy assessments to teaching and learning practices
- facilitating professional and support staff professional development at both the school and division levels
- building expertise through modeling, co-teaching, and mentoring staff
- analyzing data and creating cultures of inquiry
- ability to manage a professional development budget
For more detailed information, please contact Ron Sugden, Assistant Superintendent at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: May 10, 2018
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.