General Teacher Contract
French Immersion Resource/Classroom Teacher – École St. Eustache
1.0 FTE French Immersion Resource/Classroom Teacher commencing September 3, 2019. The position will be assigned as a 0.5 FTE Resource Teacher and 0.5 FTE Classroom Teacher. Classroom duties include grade 5.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience in a K-6 setting, with an emphasis on program development and at risk student intervention while working within an established continuum of services for referral procedures.
- Fluent in written and oral French as required for teaching at the K-6 level; (a French fluency and literacy evaluation may be required).
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Resource Teacher Experience and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate successful teaching techniques.
- Exhibit leadership skills:
- Guide Classroom/School Profile development.
- Approach early identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs within the classroom setting (Response to Intervention-RTI).
- Directly support classroom teachers; through classroom based coaching and modeling reflective of differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour.
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for students with special needs.
- Lead Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers, parents and students to maximize learning.
Classroom Teacher Experience and Abilities
- Training and recent successful experience teaching both literacy and numeracy knowledge and skills in a variety of curriculum areas at the applicable grade level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive classroom learning environment that engages students in active learning experiences.
- Experience in differentiating instruction to create success in learning for each student.
- Experience in integrating appropriate technologies into instructional practices in order to improve learning outcomes for students.
- Experience, proficiency and understanding of applicable grade pedagogy and curriculum.
- Implement applicable grade outcome based assessment and evaluation models.
- Knowledge/ability to implement student services support.
- Excellent organizational and classroom management.
- Communicate effectively with students and parents.
For more detailed information, please contact Lindsay Noël, Principal at 204-353-2869.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: April 5, 2019
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.