Due to the upcoming retirement of our current Secretary-Treasurer/CFO, Prairie Rose School Division is seeking applications for a Secretary-Treasurer/CFO. Duties will commence August 1, 2019, or as mutually agreed.
Prairie Rose School Division’s administration office is located in Carman, Manitoba, 66 kilometers southwest of Winnipeg, Manitoba. PRSD employs over 400 employees and provides educational services to over 2300 students in nine community schools that are located in Carman, Elie, Elm Creek, Miami, Roland, St. Eustache, St. Francois Xavier, and St. Laurent, Manitoba, and to our seventeen Hutterian schools across our school division.
The Secretary-Treasurer/CFO is an integral member of PRSD Board of Trustees and senior administration team. This highly ethical leader will be committed to continuous improvement of self, others, and the Division, values and builds leadership capacity of all reporting staff, and will possess an ability to nurture a Division culture that is focused on positive and respectful working relationships.
The Secretary/Treasurer/CFO works closely with the Superintendent/CEO, and as a team, are responsible for the school division’s $31M operational budget.
Qualifications & Experience
Related business training and several years of experience in accounting, financial management including budget preparation and control, and supervisory experience is required;
- A recognized accounting degree and/or designation is highly desirable
- Senior management experience working within a team
- Knowledge of the Public Schools Act, Education Administration Act, the Municipal Act, provincial legislation as it relates to Workplace Safety and Health and the FRAME accounting system would be an asset
- Experience working with a board and demonstrated understanding of board governance and procedures
- Well-developed information technology skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of public education for all students
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and five recent references who can provide information on your work experience, knowledge and abilities, by 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 13, 2019 to:
Human Resources, Prairie Rose School Division, Competition #002-19-20
Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
or e-mail to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: March 13, 2019
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.