General Teacher Contract
English as an Additional Language (EAL) Leader
This is a 1.0 FTE position reporting to the Assistant Superintendent effective September 5, 2017.
The EAL Leader will provide leadership in the EAL area. In collaboration with senior administration, school administration, divisional leadership teams and school staff, the EAL Leader will support the implementation of identified provincial, divisional and school priorities. The EAL Leader will support the professional growth and development of staff in the school division. The EAL Leader will support school staff to assist students successfully demonstrate all learning outcomes.
- Bachelor of Education supplemented with English as an Additional Language related courses and/or certifications; Special Education Certificate is an asset
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- A valid Manitoba Driver License and personal vehicle (travel required)
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of 5-10 years of teaching experience (K – 12 experience an asset)
- Experience in assessing student language acquisition
- Demonstrated experience with best practices in curriculum development, student assessment and evaluation; differentiated instruction, Universal Design for Learning
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated abilities with:
- facilitating professional and support staff professional development at both the school and division levels
- building expertise through modeling, co-teaching, and mentoring staff
- analyzing data and creating cultures of inquiry
For more detailed information, please contact Ron Sugden, Assistant Superintendent at 204-745-2003.
Please submit applications by 4:00 P.M. on March 17, 2017. Application must include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience (especially in a leadership role) and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your leadership ability, including your current Principal.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: March 17, 2017