Approved: May 21, 2019
Position: Transportation/Facilities Assistant
Reports to: Secretary-Treasurer
The Transportation/Facilities Assistant provides administrative support with a wide variety of tasks to the Transportation Supervisor, Facilities Supervisor and Secretary-Treasurer. The Transportation/Facilities Assistant will be the first point of contact for suppliers/vendors. The Transportation/Facilities Assistant is expected to ensure efficient and effective support while ensuring a high degree of confidentiality at all times at work and outside of the workplace. The performance of these duties will be in accordance with Manitoba Legislation and Acts, Division Policies and Procedures and applicable Collective Agreements.
The Transportation/Facilities Assistant functions under the direction of the Secretary-Treasurer, must establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Transportation and Facilities Supervisors, and shall be prepared to perform other duties as assigned by the Secretary-Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides reception services to meet and receive the needs of the general public, parents, and staff, both in person and by telephone, in a courteous and professional manner, referring the individual to the appropriate person within the Division as required;
- Provides administrative support duties such as data entry for various spreadsheets, word processing, filing, photocopying and faxing in a confidential, professional and competent manner;
- Collects, creates and customizes various reports from information gathered by the supervisor; creates spreadsheets, charts to display data; assists in preparation of posters, flyers, etc.;
- Receives incoming mail for the applicable supervisor and reviews, evaluates, and distributes correspondence requiring priority attention;
- Maintains and communicates an appropriate calendar of meetings, seminars, and conferences;
- Assists in organizing of workshops, in-services, and meetings for applicable groups, i.e. booking venues, maintaining participant lists, ordering food, and taking minutes as requested, etc.;
- Orders uniforms as per the CUPE 4701 Collective Agreement;
- Provides front desk coverage as determined by the Secretary Treasurer including but not restricted to meal breaks, vacation, and other days away.
- Inputs and/or updates students to bus routes using a computerized busing program (Versa Trans), and distributes route and bus driver information to all drivers as required and division bus garages;
- Monitors two way radio dialogue and provides support to drivers and families;
- Provides updated route information to Rural Municipalities annually, for snow clearing purposes;
- Assists with updating and distributing all documentation relating to busing.
- Coordinates, updates, and maintains centralized ordering for all custodial supplies based on division/school needs throughout the year and on a yearly basis;
- Coordinates, updates and maintains on an annual basis speciality products and suppliers;
- Assists in the preparation of request for proposal (RFP) and request for quotes (RFQ);
- Assists in the collection of various school/divisional budgets, operational reports and forwards collected information to the appropriate areas;
- Inputs, updates and maintains computerized facility maintenance software programs and distributes reports as required to applicable areas;
- Maintains and updates alarm lists for the division;
- Assists with updating Division, Community Schools and Hutterian Colony School Emergency Response Procedures;
- Assists with Health and Safety duties as assigned.
Educational Qualifications / Experience:
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 2 years’ experience in providing administrative support with a wide variety of tasks to members of management ensuring confidentiality and professionalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)Adobe products, and web based programs with particular aptitude for preparing and formatting correspondence, reports and documents;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and customer service skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to interact positively and work effectively with others; ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment. Have the ability to problem-solve and use judgement skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and record keeping skills;
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle.