Immediate Supervisor: Supervisor of Operations
- Must possess a Manitoba/Interprovincial Journeyman’s Certificate in heavy duty mechanics;
- must possess a supervisory/leadership ability including communication, human relations skills, and organizational skills;
- have two or more years experience as a journeyman heavy duty mechanic;
- must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- must be physically capable of performing all the duties related to this position;
- must provide all hand tools required to perform the job function.
Responsibilities of the position
- Maintain all Division school buses in a condition that provides for safety at all times and conforms to all provincial regulations and divisional policies;
- keep the Supervisor of Operations apprised on a daily basis of any problems regarding mechanical problems, staffing, or safety concerns.
Description of duties
- Have all rotationally scheduled maintenance, as well as all other service performed on each unit and record in unit log book;
- perform six month inspections on units to comply with Provincial Regulation 465/88 and sign inspection certificates with proper dates;
- fill out work order sheets as work is completed (record work performed and number of hours spent on each unit);
- repair Division vehicles, lawn mowers, and snow blowers;
- make written reports on all unusual maintenance problems, dents, or untidy buses to the Supervisor of Operations;
- maintain a clean and safe Bus Garage in a manner that will ensure safety for himself/herself and others;
- maintain a record of all parts used and the cost of the same. Order parts as required for immediate use and for stock. All invoices for parts/materials are to be sent to the Division Office twice a month;
- update the Supervisor of Operations on any changes in school bus design that will provide a safer vehicle and more economical operation;
- be responsible to take safety precautions when servicing buses;
- submit a record of all time-off requests for each employee immediately to the Supervisor of Operations;
- maintain up-to-date Material Safety Data Sheets for all products in use and comply with all other W.H.M.I.S. Regulations;
- an inventory list must be sent to the Division Office annually;
- perform other related duties as may be directed by the Supervisor of Operations.
Terms of Employment
- salary as established by the Board;
- eight hours per day/twelve month year; (or)
- as per the terms of the collective agreement.
Job performance shall be evaluated by the Supervisor of Operations in the first year of employment, and every three years thereafter.