Approved: May 21, 2019
Position: Accounts Payable/Receptionist
Reports to: Assistant Secretary-Treasurer
The Accounts Payable/Receptionist functions under the direct supervision of the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer. They must establish and maintain a close working relationship and work as part of the PRSD support team to meet the high standards of financial accountability. They are the first point of contact for the division office both for walk-ins and for phone calls. The Accounts Payable/Receptionist is expected to maintain efficient and effective support while ensuring a high degree of confidentiality at all times at work and outside of the workplace. The performance of these duties will be in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Prairie Rose School Division Policies and Administrative Procedures, and applicable Collective Agreements.
The Accounts Payable/Receptionist shall be responsible to the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer for such duties as assigned and shall be prepared to perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as primary contact to meet and receive the public, parents, and staff, both in person and by telephone, in a courteous and professional manner, referring the individual to the appropriate person within the division;
- Organizes divisional mail courier services between all community and colony schools;
- Receives, opens, sorts and distributes daily mail/deliveries/couriers;
- Maintains division telephone systems, equipment and office supplies and advises the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer if a qualified technician is required for office equipment;
- Maintains and communicates an appropriate calendar of meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Assists in the organizing of workshops, in-services, and meetings for applicable groups, i.e. booking venues, maintaining participant lists, ordering food, etc.;
- Monitors bus radio traffic when there are absences within the transportation area;
- Provides front desk coverage on a scheduled and as needed basis, as determined by the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer; coverage could include but not restricted to meal breaks, vacations, and other days away.
- Calculates, prepares, and issues documents related to accounts such as purchase orders, invoices, account statements using a computerized system
- Codes, totals, batches, enters, verifies and reconciles transactions relating to accounts payable function ensuring compliance with PRSD Administrative Procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Responds vendor inquiries;
- Provides administrative support duties such as data entry for various spreadsheets, word processing, filing, photocopying and faxing in a confidential, professional and competent manner.
Educational Qualifications / Experience:
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 2 years’ experience in providing administrative financial support; along with providing a wide variety of tasks to members of management ensuring confidentiality and professionalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)Adobe products, and web based programs with specific experience with computerized Finance/Payroll system and with particular aptitude for preparing and formatting correspondence, reports and documents;
- Working knowledge GAAP and basic accounting functions;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and customer service skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to interact positively and work effectively with others; ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment. Have the ability to problem-solve and use judgement skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and record-keeping skills;
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle.