An Educational Assistant (EA) is required for Miami School. Comp: #87-14-15
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidate will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Experience in supporting Speech and Language needs (including non-verbal students) an asset.
- Hold a belief that all children can learn.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Demonstrated skill in following a learning program.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with difficult behaviour.
- Experience working with at-risk students is highly desirable.
- Educational Assistant Diploma, First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2015
Hours of Work: 6 hours/day (Days 1, 3, and 5) from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wages: $14.47 per hour (as per Collective Agreement, under review)
Closing Date: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
Human Resources, Prairie Rose School Division
45 Main Street S. Box 1510 Carman, MB. R0G 0J0
Fax: (204) 745-3699 Email: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: December 1, 2014