A Term (1.75 hours/day) Library Technician is required for the Hutterian Colony School Administration Office. Comp: #86-14-15
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the skills necessary and relevant to the function of the library which include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisitions – assist in the selection of materials
- Database Management – familiar with “L4U”,or other library management systems
- Cataloguing – code, input and edit information for a computerized catalogue system
- Circulation – administer the circulation desk, textbook circulation and work with students and volunteers of the school
- Reference – assist students who are experiencing difficulties using the catalogue, and/or standard reference tools
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Possessing a Library Technician Certificate or working towards completion of certification is an asset
- Knowledge of computers, software applications, and Internet research will be a requirement. The ability to access and use new technology as it applies to the library and its media will be important
- Ability to work co-operatively and collegially with staff, students and parents
Start Date: ASAP till the return of the incumbent.
Hours of Work: 1.75 hours/day
Wages: 15.31/hour (as per Collective Agreement, under review)
Closing Date: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
Prairie Rose School Division
45 Main Street S.
Carman, MB. R0G 0J0
Fax: (204) 745-3699 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: November 26, 2014