A Custodian II is required for Carman Elementary
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidate will assist in providing a safe and clean environment for staff and students.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in public building custodial work is essential.
- Experience performing minor maintenance / repairs (i.e. door closer adjustment, fire extinguisher inspections, seasonal grounds work, etc.) is required.
- Experience in monitoring heating / ventilation systems is desired. Willingness to learn systems maintenance is required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.)
- Willingness to train new custodians, as required is essential.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with one unpaid 30 minute break. (shift premium of $1.00/hour for all hours worked if more than half of your shift is worked after 6:00 p.m.)
Wages: Start $15.07 as per Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, a resume and three work-related references on or before May 8th, 2014 to:
Prairie Rose School Division
45 Main Street S., Carman, MB. R0G 0J0
Fax: (204)745-3699 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
Clear criminal record and abuse registry checks are required of all employees of the Division.
Closing date: May 8th, 2014