Term Custodian 4
The successful candidate will work with school administration and the Facility Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that Carman Elementary is a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and to the general public.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work and provide supervision of evening custodial staff is essential.
- Experience in adjusting, monitoring and maintaining the school HVAC system, DDC, and any other electrical/mechanical devices.
- Experience in new construction and renovations.
- Experience in maintaining and minor repairs to plumbing systems and school grounds.
- Must be self-directed and able to train new custodians and as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.)
Start Date: May 5, 2017 till November 4th, 2017 or the return of the incumbent
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
Wages: Start $18.34 as per Collective Agreement
For more detailed information, please contact Facility Maintenance and Capital Project Supervisor Claude Plante at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: May 5, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.