Term – Behavioural Psychologist
1.0 FTE Term Behavioural Psychologist effective January 18, 2021 until November 5, 2021 or the return of the incumbent.
The Behavioural Psychologist works under the supervisory function of the Director of Student Services.
The Behavioural Psychologist is trained in applied behaviour analysis that is focused on the systematic application of learning principles and techniques to assess and improve students’ behaviours in order to help them function globally. The successful applicant will collaborate with students, parents/guardians, families, the In-School Support Team (ISST) and the School Support Team to create safe, healthy and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school and the community.
The successful candidate will provide support to schools throughout PRSD.
- Masters Degree with specialization in Behavioural Psychology
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) designation or in pursuit of BCBA designation
- Valid Class 5 License and reliable vehicle to travel between schools in the division
Experience and Abilities:
- Commitment to success for all students
- Experience providing applied behaviour analysis for school aged children with exceptional behaviour challenges & needs in an educational setting is essential
- Understanding of instructional methods and education curricula
- Preparing and coaching effective treatment plans to support the student’s strengths and needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with students, parents and education professionals
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and data software
- Participation in ongoing professional leadership development activities to enhance clinical practice
- Able to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to provide professional learning workshops to staff
- Demonstrated skills in caseload management
For further clarification, please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.