Term Library Technician
Hutterian Colony School Administration Office & St. Paul’s Collegiate
The successful candidate will provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning library environment in which teachers and students can take advantage of available resources.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Possessing a Library Technician Certificate or working towards completion of certification is an asset
- Knowledge of computers, software applications, and Internet research will be a requirement. The ability to access and use new technology as it applies to the library and its media will be important
- Ability to work co-operatively and collegially with staff, students and parents
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisitions – assist in the selection of materials
- Database Management – familiar with “L4U”,or other library management systems
- Cataloguing – code, input and edit information for a computerized catalogue system
- Circulation – administer the circulation desk, textbook circulation and work with students and volunteers of the school
- Reference – assist students who are experiencing difficulties using the catalogue, and/or standard reference tools
- Other duties as assigned
Start Date: ASAP till June 30, 2017
Hours of Work: 14.75 hours per week allocated as follows:
- 8.75 hours per week at the Hutterian Colony School Administration Office, schedule to be determined by the supervisory principal.
- 6 hours on Fridays at St. Paul’s Collegiate
Wages: $15.19/hr – $19.15/hr (under review) based on related education
For more detailed information, please contact:
JF Godbout, Supervisory Principal, Hutterian Colony School at 204-353-2297
Jason Green, Principal, St. Paul’s Collegiate at 204-353-2084.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing date: September 29, 2016