Limited Term Teacher Contract
1.0 FTE Term Resource/Classroom Teacher commencing ASAP till March 24, 2017 or the return of the incumbent.
Duties include 0.5 FTE Resource teacher assignment and 0.5 FTE Grade 7 courses including ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Health, and Middle Years Media.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Resource Teacher Experience and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate successful teaching techniques.
- Exhibit differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour.
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for Students with Special Needs.
- Lead Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work with parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
Classroom Teacher Experience and Abilities
- Experience, proficiency and understanding of middle year’s pedagogy and curriculum.
- Implement middle years’ outcome based assessment and evaluation models.
- Effective differentiated instruction skills.
- Knowledge/ability to implement student services support.
- Demonstrate proficiency in information and communication technologies (ICT).
- Excellent organizational and classroom management.
- Work collaboratively and independently.
- Communicate effectively with middle year’s students and parents.
For more detailed information on the position, please contact: Nicole Nitsche – Resource Teacher portion and Nathan Strange – Classroom teacher portion, at 204-435-2441.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com .
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: January 16, 2017