Prairie Rose School Division is recruiting for
1.0 FTE Assistant Secretary-Treasurer
Competition: # 128-17-18
Administration Office, Carman, Manitoba
Prairie Rose School Division is dedicated to the development of lifelong learners for responsible global citizenship. As our learners advance through their early, middle, and senior years’ education, we strive to ensure that our students experience a broad education that is relevant to their individual needs and prepares them to be successful in an increasingly complex world. We strive to ensure that our learners are emotionally invested, actively engaged, and reflective in their learning.
Our school division employs over 400 employees and provides educational services to over 2290 students in our nine community schools that are located in Carman, Elie, Elm Creek, Miami, Roland, St. Eustache, St. Francois Xavier, and St. Laurent, Manitoba, and to our seventeen Hutterian schools across our school division.
The position will be of interest to an individual who is willing to be part of a succession plan for the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO. The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will assist the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO in all phases of the Prairie Rose School Division’s financial and business administration, development and implementation of Board policy and administrative procedures. The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will be responsible to the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO for such duties as assigned and be prepared to act for the Secretary-Treasurer/CFO in their absence or in delegated duties. The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Division’s senior administration team and school administrators.
The official start date for this position is as mutually agreed upon.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognized accounting designation (CPA) is required, or directly related training and work experience would be considered
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in accounting, financial management including budget preparation and control and supervisory experience is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Exceptional computer/information technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, manage and grow with organizational change
- Knowledge of the Public Schools Act, the Municipal Act, and the FRAME accounting system would be an asset
- Knowledge of Board of Trustees’ governance role, function and operation is an asset
For more detailed information please contact Gerard Lesage, Secretary Treasurer/CFO at 204-745-2003.
For complete job description, please visit www.prsdmb.ca/careers/job-descriptions/assistant-secretary-treasurer/
Application will include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information including salary expectations and three professional references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resource will be provided upon request.