Term Educational Assistant
St. Paul’s Collegiate
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidate will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment. The successful candidate will have experience supporting individuals requiring life skills programming to include personal hygiene and physiotherapy.
- 3.25 hours/day
- 10 month (September to June) position
- $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement
- Start date of ASAP till June 29, 2018
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a middle/senior years’ environment.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Hold a belief that all children can learn.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting the goals of an Individualized Education Plan
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour
- Educational Assistant Diploma, First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in both official languages (French & English) is considered an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Jason Green at 204-353-2084
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.