Limited Term Teacher Contract
Social Worker, Miami School/Roland School
0.55 FTE Term Social Worker commencing January 4, 2016 till June 30, 2016.
The successful applicant will provide social work services to students and student support teams involving conflict resolution, self-management, program planning, intervention, and consultation under the direction of the Director of Student Services.
- Bachelor of Social Work is required
- Working towards or completed a Master’s degree in Social Work an asset
- Registered with Manitoba College of Social Workers
- Eligible for clinician certification with Manitoba Education
Experience and Abilities
- Experience working with students and students with special needs
- Help students obtain services relating to their basic human needs
- Counsel individuals, families and groups
- Help communities and groups provide or improve social and health services
- Assess, remediate and prevent social problems encountered by individuals, families and communities
- Enhance individual, family and community functioning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Communicate effectively with students and parents
For more detailed information, please contact Director of Student Services Louise Duncan at 204-745-2003.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Prairie Rose School Division Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0
Fax # 204-745-3699, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.