Mechanic’s Assistant, Elie Bus Garage
Under the direction of the Head Mechanic this position will provide assistance in keeping school buses and divisional vehicles in safe working condition
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- 1st or 2nd year apprentices within the Truck and Transport Mechanic trade would be considered
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Class 2 preferred or willing to achieve
- Mechanical aptitude and experience is required, may include routine servicing and lubrication of buses, performs minor mechanical work and assist the head mechanic with maintenance and repair work
- Experience driving a standard transmission is an asset
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment and interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Be willing to learn and take directions
- Must own basic hand tools to complete the job, set of mechanics tools an asset
- Must have the appropriate safety footwear
- Basic experience using MS office software application would be an asset
- Uniforms and coveralls are provided as per Collective Agreement
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day
Wages: $15.07 as per Collective Agreement (under review)
For more detailed information, please contact Trevor Ryan, Transportation Supervisor at 204-745-2003.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.