Limited Term Teacher Contract
0.5 FTE Term Speech-Language Pathologist commencing January 8, 2018 to June 29, 2018.
The successful applicant will provide a range of services to assess, diagnose, and provide support to students with speech, language, and communication needs within the educational setting in the PRSD locations of St. Laurent School and select Hutterian Colony School sites.
The successful applicant will collaborate and consult with parents/guardians, educators, and community professionals, design communication programs, and provide supervision for therapy services.
- Hold a Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Be a registered member of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba (CASLPM)
- Hold a school clinician certificate or be eligible for clinician certification with Manitoba Education and Training.
- Valid Class 5 License and reliable vehicle to travel between schools in the division
Experience and Abilities
- Relevant school and clinical experience working with a board spectrum of students with communication and/or language delays.
- Familiarity with a wide range of assessments.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with using assistive technology to support student communication (software and speech generating devices).
- Ability and willingness to provide professional learning workshops to staff.
- Able to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
For more detailed information, please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.