Head Custodian IV
The successful candidate will work with school administration and the Facility Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that Carman Elementary is a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and to the general public.
- 8.0 hours/day from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break
- $18.62/hour (increases to $18.90 effective January 1, 2018) as per Collective Agreement
- Start date of December 18, 2017
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work and provide supervision of evening custodial staff is essential.
- Experience in adjusting, monitoring and maintaining the school HVAC system, DDC, and any other electrical/mechanical devices.
- Experience in new construction and renovations.
- Experience in maintaining and minor repairs to plumbing systems and school grounds.
- Must be self-directed and able to train new custodians and as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.)
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Cecile Affleck at 204-745-2623
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: December 6, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.