Competition #: 103-15-16
The Transportation Supervisor is a member of the senior administrative team, comprised of the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Secretary Treasurer, Director of Student Services, Human Resources Coordinator, and Facilities Maintenance/Capital Project Supervisor.
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the planning, organization, and operation of a safe and efficient divisional transportation service as it pertains to transported students, school bus drivers, mechanics, and the bus fleet.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a valid Transport/Heavy Duty/Diesel Mechanic Certificate/Red Seal
- Possess or the ability to obtain a Valid Manitoba Class 2 drivers’ license and a valid School Bus Operator’s Certificate
- Possess or the ability to obtain a School Bus Trainer’s Certificate as endorsed by the Province
- Provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Experience in a management/supervisory role in a transportation services setting; staff supervision and evaluation and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective and contributing member of a senior administrator team
- Working knowledge of provincial laws and regulations as they apply to pupil transportation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong skill sets in the use of computers and computer aided technology/software
The official start date for these positions is December 1, 2015 or as mutually agreed upon.
For more information please contact Mr. Terry M.J. Osiowy, Superintendent at (204)745-2003, or by email to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted up to 4:00 p.m., October 21, 2015
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.