Roland School is a K-6 school with a student population of approximately 65 students and 14 staff. The successful candidate provides administrative and secretarial support for the school administrative team, staff, and students and ensures that the school office functions in an efficient and effective manner.
- 3.5 hours/day
- 10 month (September to June) position effective January 8, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school; answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
- Ensure a high degree of confidentiality at all times at work and outside of the workplace
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
- Prepare, photocopy, and collate documents for internal and external mailing, distribution, and filing
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, service office equipment and arrange servicing for major repairs
- Maintain school website
- Plan and execute school activities and provide other administrative support as assigned
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 2 years’ experience in providing administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web based programs.
- Proficiency with student information systems such as Maplewood and EIS would be an asset.
- Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality, initiative, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with adults and students ranging from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile and perform basic clerical accounting tasks, such as school budget and school clerical accounting and familiarity with the CA$CH program would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid would be an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Brandy Chevalier, Principal at (204) 343-2023.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: November 13, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.