Part Time Term School Secretary
Miami School is a K-12 school with a student population of approximately 265 students and 30 staff. The successful candidate will be assisting and working in partnership with a full-time secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to all staff in the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school
- Answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
- Manage confidential information.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
- Prepare outgoing mail
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, service office equipment and arrange servicing for major repairs
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 2 years’ experience in providing administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web based programs.
- Proficiency with student information systems such as Maplewood and EIS would be an asset.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile and perform basic clerical accounting tasks, such as school budget and school clerical accounting and familiarity with the CA$CH program would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with adults and students ranging from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, adaptability, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid would be an asset.
Effective: ASAP till June 30, 2017
Hours of Work: 10 month (September to June) 3.5 hours/day with additional hours on an as/if/when basis
Wages: $15.62 per hour (currently under review)
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Lise McNair at 204-435-2441.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: September 14, 2016